<body> <body>




Saturday, October 21, 2006 @ 11:31 PM

Right Place Right Time

Being at the right place, at the right time. What else can be better?

I recently bought and read a slim book with this title by Pastor Joseph Prince. I'm not a member of his church, and I understand that some people have some reservations about some of the teachings there, but as far as this book goes, I think it was pretty well written. The content of this book is linked to the popular topic: God's Will. Alot of changes have been taking place in my life in recent months, and often attached with these changes are important decisions to be made. The decisions we make will determine how well our future unfolds. Being someone who always wants to have the best (and give the best too as much as possible), I always remind myself to try and make decisions that are in line with God's will. This is simply because I am sure that all things in future will work for good then (Rom 8:28). I will also be more assured that I would receive the promise in Jeremiah 29:11. However, even after all these years of reading Christian literature and listening to sermons, I feel that I still have much to learn regarding decision-making as a disciple of Jesus.

There were quite a number of good Scriptural references in this book, which I feel is important for just about any book meant for believers. Being at the right place at the right time only happens regularly for people who desire and follow the will of of God. It is often my prayer to God now that He would put me at the right place at the right time, and I do believe that 'I can't help but get blessed' then. Quoting from the book, we may escape tragedies and disasters, close that business deal, meet our life partner, bump into a friend and lead him to the Lord and so on. Hallelujah! (^.^)

I was greatly prompted to write this post today because it really happened to me! I was truly 'at the right place at the right time'! Here's what happened:

After worship practise in church today, I took a bus down to Junction 8. I actually missed the first bus I saw by a few seconds, and I was a little irritated I've to admit (who likes to miss the bus by a few secs? As you read on, you'll find out why I was later actually glad to miss this bus). I was heading to the Hush Puppies store at J8 because I needed a new pair of leather shoes for work and I found out about their 30% sale yesterday. By the way, Hush Puppies is my favourite brand for leather shoes heh (they're really comfortable!). My current pair is also from Hush Puppies and I've been wearing it for more than 2-3 years. I guess you can say that this is a sale that I've been waiting for because my well-worn current pair has been cracking up recently. For one, the timing of the sale is great! As I was browsing in the shop, for the first time in my life I think, I saw my wonderful grandparents and uncle there too! I've never bumped into them at a shopping centre before. To keep this concise, my grandpa bought the new pair of leather shoes for me! I certainly felt kinda 'paisay' but he wanted to. He's been a great blessing since I was born and always likes to buy me stuff during occasions; he's also probably why I think one of my stronger love languages is giving gifts. Although I've been working for close to 2 months already, funds have been a little tight because of various expenses. This gift was a truly unexpected blessing and it came at a wonderful time as such.

There have been other instances previously when I found myself at the right at the right place. I'll share them personally when I get the chance I guess. I hope that all of us will desire to be at the right place at the right time. Only God can make it possible, so get closer to Him! =)


The Hush Puppies Bag "Woof!"


Sleek Black Shoes


LightShine


EJ
Lightsider

Blogging Since : 10 Oct 2006

Archives.

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007

Connectors.

IgnitedLifesavers. algene. alvin. bel. CampWesley. Clara. daniel. dawn. enting. ereen. eU 1. eU 2. evangeline. J.Wong. jem. j0y. kim. mariLyn. melanie. kevin. peopleINtransit. teamtim. Secell.

Mail Drop.

Your E-mail Address here:

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I


Specials.

Christian Clipart @ ChristArt.Com