<body> <body>




Monday, October 16, 2006 @ 11:29 PM

Went on 2 'marathons' over the weekend... it was one of the most physically tiring weekends in a while.

The first one was the Canon PhotoMarathon IV on Saturday. Its the 3rd tme I've gone for it, and it stretched from 9am-10pm. I had to run around all day to take a 'winning' photo based on the different themes announced at intervals. The themes this year were: Faces, Power: Simply Red, A slice of history, Darkness. It was fun to just set a day aside to take photos, even though none of my entries won. The standard went up again this year but as usual there were still some shortlisted entries that left people puzzled. Photography is part art, and that's probably what makes it subjective oftentimes.

"Old man with purple-dyed hair playing the harmonica"
(I didn't submit this for the 3rd theme but I think I should have on hindsight)

The second 'marathon' was the Chinatown Trail organized by my zone. From China Square (which isn't exactly in Chinatown), to the hawker centre beside Outram MRT, we went running around from station to station in teams. The highlights were Hum3 Jin1 Peng2 and 'rickshaw noodles' at Maxwell market, and this curry noodles store with white chicken at Block 538 market I think. The one I didn't quite like was Lightning Tea Rice found at China Square =p What a cool name right? haha.

"Lightning Tea" Rice


LightShine


EJ
Lightsider

Blogging Since : 10 Oct 2006

Archives.

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007

Connectors.

IgnitedLifesavers. algene. alvin. bel. CampWesley. Clara. daniel. dawn. enting. ereen. eU 1. eU 2. evangeline. J.Wong. jem. j0y. kim. mariLyn. melanie. kevin. peopleINtransit. teamtim. Secell.

Mail Drop.

Your E-mail Address here:

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I


Specials.

Christian Clipart @ ChristArt.Com