Saturday, December 02, 2006 @ 3:20 PM
A post from the Island of
Java
Hello from Jakarta! (^.^) Here's just a short post because I need to get back to work after this. In case you didn't know, Jakarta is located on the island of Java, one of Indonesia's biggest 'islands'. Its been a pretty good experience so far apart from the bad stomach that I had yesterday. Its an interesting city, more crowded with people than Singapore and where roads are filled with motorcycles. The accomodation is great, even though its a local hotel. I think its rated 4-stars. The food is spicier as expected, and a whole lot cheaper than in Singapore. About 50% perhaps? I've spent only a few dollars in fact because almost everything is paid for by the client. Breakfast is the buffet spread at the hotel, lunch is usually bought and delivered to the office for us, and dinner is on our own but paid for by them =p I think I'm getting fat, hahaha =O
I've been quite busy with work over here, but it has certainly been an invaluable experience working in a foreign land. 6 days more to go and I'll be home! =) I haven't been able to transfer the pics to my lappie, so I'll most likely upload the pics when I'm back. Please keep me and my 3 colleagues in prayer; for continued safety and good health. Exams are over for most of ya, hope you'll enjoy your holidays lots!!! =)
We're knocking off at 3pm (Jakarta time), and we'll be off to rest and relax for the weekend! =) That's 40mins away... counting down already! haha.
LightShine
Lightsider
Blogging Since : 10 Oct 2006
Archives.
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
Connectors.
IgnitedLifesavers
.
algene
.
alvin
.
bel
.
CampWesley
.
Clara
.
daniel
.
dawn
.
enting
.
ereen
.
eU 1
.
eU 2
.
evangeline
.
J.Wong
.
jem
.
j0y
.
kim
.
mariLyn
.
melanie
.
kevin
.
peopleINtransit
.
teamtim
.
Secell
.
Mail Drop.
Your E-mail Address here:
Credits.
Layout:
I
Fonts:
I
Image:
I
Specials.
Christian Clipart @ ChristArt.Com