<body> <body>




Wednesday, March 07, 2007 @ 11:07 PM

~S~h~a~k~e~

The earth trembled yesterday. After years of hearing about other Singaporeans feeling tremors, I felt it for myself for the first time while at work yesterday. I was on the 4th floor around Buona Vista. I'm sad for those who live nearer where the earthquake struck, but I guess one possible positive that one can take from disasters like these would be that it gives those who are more blessed the opportunity to help a fellow human being.

Some people have asked: If God is so good, why does He allow disasters or suffering to happen in the first place? I like to keep things simple where possible and you can find actually find the answer above. God hates evil (all the bad things), but one of the very likely reasons why He still allows disasters or suffering in this imperfect world is because it allows us mortal man to show true love to others when we help the suffering and needy. As the Bible says, God considers learning to love Him and love others the 2 most important lessons for any man to learn. If disasters or suffering were non-existent in this imperfect world, and everything was so good, it would be 'non-possible' to show true love and help others. Showing true love is an action and I understand it as doing something good for someone else without expecting anything in return at all.

LightShine


EJ
Lightsider

Blogging Since : 10 Oct 2006

Archives.

October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007

Connectors.

IgnitedLifesavers. algene. alvin. bel. CampWesley. Clara. daniel. dawn. enting. ereen. eU 1. eU 2. evangeline. J.Wong. jem. j0y. kim. mariLyn. melanie. kevin. peopleINtransit. teamtim. Secell.

Mail Drop.

Your E-mail Address here:

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I


Specials.

Christian Clipart @ ChristArt.Com