Friday, June 08, 2007 @ 10:40 PM
Blog Post
#77
This post that you're reading is number 77 since this blog first started! =)
Reservist has finally ended and I would first like to thank God for how smoothly it went! A heartfelt 'thank you' also goes out to all of you who had kept me in prayer. All my prayer requests were answered! =)
Even though its close to the same group of people whom I see every year since reservist started, the experience changes quite a bit in an interesting way. Of particular note was the conversation topics. Most of the 'comrades' I hang out with are in later stages in life, so we ended up talking much more about houses, cars, family, weddings, and jobs. It was amusing in a way but I think I benefitted quite alot because it gave me a real peek into the future. We didn't do a whole lot activities wise, and that meant I got the rest I was looking forward to. A significant piece of news we received was that we would probably be going to Taiwan in 2-3 years to 'fight' a simulated battle. I haven't travelled in Taiwan so that's something to look forward to. However, it'll be longer than the usual reservist, probably about 3 weeks, and I'm not so sure if the extended time I'll be away will be something I'll still look forward to at that time. It'll mean I'll have to be away from loved ones, and there might be a significant one by then, haha.
I managed to do quite a fair bit of reading during the week, and I think God reminded me about something very important. I'll share about it in the next post, so stay tuned...! =)
P.S.: I went to catch a locally produced show with my 'comrades' during nights out. I wouldn't name it here but I have to admit it was quite a big disappointment. You might want to save your money for another show instead.
LightShine
Lightsider
Blogging Since : 10 Oct 2006
Archives.
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
Connectors.
IgnitedLifesavers
.
algene
.
alvin
.
bel
.
CampWesley
.
Clara
.
daniel
.
dawn
.
enting
.
ereen
.
eU 1
.
eU 2
.
evangeline
.
J.Wong
.
jem
.
j0y
.
kim
.
mariLyn
.
melanie
.
kevin
.
peopleINtransit
.
teamtim
.
Secell
.
Mail Drop.
Your E-mail Address here:
Credits.
Layout:
I
Fonts:
I
Image:
I
Specials.
Christian Clipart @ ChristArt.Com